If you haven’t already checked into college, it’s crunch time to figure out how to survive without your parents. Habits formed in college foreshadow habits for your future, at least that’s true for all of us here at Crucial Vacuum.Â Although cleaning is the last item on your mind when going off to college, it is a necessary chore that is now solely reliant on you. Our Crucial team has compiled clean hacking tips and tricks from our experiences in college to help you easily transition into a independent college student.
1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser are the best way to get those unknown stains off your surfaces. We’ve all used them in college when those mysterious stains accumulated because we decided to ignore them. The Magic Erasers replace both a sponge and cleaning agent and they are easy to find at local convenience stores however they can get pricy. Our recommendation to make the Magic Erasers last longer is to cut them to size depending on what you need to clean.
2. Dorm rooms aren’t known to be spacious. The last item you want taking up space is probably cleaning products.Â Clorox wipes are great because they are disinfectants, plus you can use them on several surfaces. We at Crucial Vacuum are in unison that these were and still are to date the only product we use daily to clean. They can clean and disinfect your microwave and clean dirt off of your sneakers.
3. The one product readily available at college can make the best cleaning agent just by mixing it with water. What product are we talking about? Vodka. By mixing 1 parts vodka with 2 parts of water makes a all purpose cleaner. It works great on glass surfaces and mirrors and the smell disappears as it dries, although in college you could just blame it on your roommate.
4. If you are messy or avoid doing your laundry,Â Shout wipes will be your best friend. Before you throw your dirty clothes into the basket, scrub the Shout Wipe against it to get rid of the stain. Then by the time you get around to doing your laundry, your clothes will be free from stains. You can also carry some around in your backpack to prepare for any accidents.
5. The last clean hack is with the product that should be in every home with bare floors even if it’s just the kitchen, a Swiffer Wet Jet. Although it is priced higher than the regular Swiffer, if you constantly find your socks dirty from your floors, invest in the Wet Jet version. It is so easy to clean with and it does a great job.
Of course we would recommend a vacuum however they’re just too bulky to have in a college dorm or apartment. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below or email us at email@example.com. We would love to hear about your experiences!